I have finally obtained a digital SLR camera after much thought. It is a canon D30 and it appears to offer some impressive possibilities. I have already taken over a hundred shots and the detail in the images in amazing. It is a very similar interface to a traditional SLR camera which makes it a snap to use.
- Canon D-30
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
- Canon EF 28-135mm IS USM f/3.5-4.5
- Polarizer Filter
After months of contemplation, I decided to purchase a refurbished unit of Canon D30 (so that I feel less guilty about dishing out the $$$). The camera arrived Dec 20. After taking the first few pictures, I have to say that the camera is worth every penny. The picture quality is excellent (someone described it as “better than real life”). Digital imaging means no more trips to the photo processing place. The gratification is instantaneous! Images can very easily be reviewed and deleted using the LCD screen on the camera. And the battery life is outstanding among digital cameras.
- Great detail in images
- Digital (no film to process)
- Easy to organise, store and share images
- Look and feel of a traditional SLR camera
- Use of EOS lenses
- Does not capture dense foliage well
- Low battery life compared to film camera
- Autofocus assist lamp (why not use infrared??)
- Lousy software (ZoomBrowser)
Here are my first pictures using the D30 –